Who May Participate?
TRIO is not accepting new applicants for the fall 2020 semester.
If accepted into the Student Support Services (SSS) program, you will be expected to maintain sufficient contact with the program by participating in activities, meet with your SSS Counselor regularly, and follow through with "prescribed" activities such as tutoring, study skills sessions, and workshops. The program is long term and you will be given access to all services until you graduate from Gavilan Community College.
How to Qualify for the TRIO Program:
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Maintain at least 9 units per semester (Fall & Spring) and be working toward a degree at Gavilan College and/or planning to transfer to a four year university.
- Have 45 (attempted) units or less and be in academic good standing (GPA 2.0 and above).
- Not be a current or past participant of Gavilan College's EOPS program.
- Have an academic need and be:
- Financially limited, according to Federal income criteria and/or
- A first generation college student (meaning neither parent has earned a bachelor's degree), or
- A student with a verified disability
HOW TO APPLY
TRIO Application (click for pdf of application)
Trio Online Application (click to apply online)
Space is limited.
If you are a 2020 graduating high school senior, and interested in our 2020 Summer Bridge program, please visit our Summer Bridge Website.
*Please submit completed application to TRIO Office with a copy of your parent's most recent Federal 1040 Tax Forms if you are a dependent student. If you are independent, please submit a copy of your most recent Federal Tax Forms.