The STEM center is an exciting and comfortable place for students to come and study on their STEM courses (Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Physical Science, Computer Science, Astronomy and Engineering). All services in the STEM center are free of cost.
You are always welcome to come in, work on your problems, get help from faculties or tutors, and have a hot coffee, too!
- Want to grab lunch and study with your friends? We’ve got a microwave for you, and yes, you can eat while you study!
- Want to study alone? You are welcome to do that, and have some snacks on us.
- Need some help with a vexing problem? Our instructors and tutors are scheduled throughout the day to help you one-on-one. Please check out their time tables.
The STEM Center activities include:
Using the STEM Center:
- Clock in/Clock out: Clock in on the Time keeper computer (located on the front desk) using your G number (for example: G00123456) when you arrive and remember to Clock out when you leave.
- Check out the Schedules.
- Attend any Class or Workshop.
- Study on your own or form a group.
- Use the equipment and supplies provided by the STEM Center.
Use of equipments and supplies:
- Laptops: Students can bring their own laptop or use the STEM Center laptops by filling out a form.
- All the laptops come with software such as MS office, Minitab, Matlab etc.
- Books: Course books are available for students to borrow. Students can borrow them by signing in the time sheet.
- Scratch papers, pens are available for students on the front table.
- We also have chalks so that you can work on the Black boards.
Please note: Books and Laptops are only to be used in the STEM center. Students are responsible for the item that they borrow.
STEM Center (MA 102)
5055 Santa Teresa Boulevard
Gilroy, CA 95020
8:30 am - 5:00 pm (MON - THURS)
8:30 am - 3:00 pm (FRI)