Dreams and Visions Community Development
To help build a strong community through financial literacy, foreclosure intervention, asset building, and first time home buyer education and counseling.
Activities & Programs:
- Financial Education and Financial Literacy
- Home Buyer Preparation Education
- Community Outreach to youth, homes, schools, businesses and other non-profit regarding affordable housing opportunities
- Foreclosure Intervention/Loan Modification
Needs/Projects this year:
May vary but will include various aspects of outreach to educate community about opportunities and options in housing and financial management, including financial literacy and goals-setting ; students will work in pairs door to door with Outreach Coordinator to offer free non-profit financial education services to community members.
- Hands-on help with budget preparation for students with math skills.
- Expansion of web and social media presence through updated website, Facebook, Twitter and television PSA’s using or learning media and graphics skills
- Feasibility Study for future Individual Development Accounts Program
- Survey on financial literacy project is also available for some students.
Who should apply:
Students at least 18 years old who can commit to at least 2 hours per week of work. Most will work with Outreach Coordinators in neighborhood outreach. Outreach schedule is only on TTh, flexible hours,and some Saturdays 9-12. Students who are ready to be actively involved with and committed to our clients and their financial future. Individuals who are self starters, able to work with minimal supervision; possesses strong communication and internet/computer skills. Students who love helping people.
Who should not apply:
Individuals who cannot sign a confidentiality agreement. Students who are not comfortable working one-on-one with adults in difficult situations. Students who are attached to wearing revealing clothes or clothing that could be mistaken for gang attire. Background check not required, but agency will determine its team based on interview and orientation. At least five students will be hired; more are welcome. Spanish speakers welcome, but not required.
Want to have fun while earning credits for college. Join the team! Dreams & Visions is not your typical Social Service Agency. We are actively involved in a whole new type of non-profit. Team members at this non-profit are very busy providing much needed financial services in San Benito County. Please respect their time by keeping your appointments, and calling ahead if you have an emergency that prevents you from coming on time. Students serious about doing service at Dreams & Visions should plan to attend an orientation at the address below EITHER
Orientation is not optional.
351 Tres Pinos Road, suite 103A
(right next to YMCA)
Hollister, CA 95023
Holly McWhinnie, Executive Director
text: (831) 635 5857