MISSION: Our mission is to provide innovative and culturally relevant services that strengthen and enrich youth families, and the community. Our vision is to empower youth as leaders who contribute to the social and economic betterment of their community.
ABOUT US: Youth Alliance has afterschool programs, youth and family support services, and community outreach. Afterschool programs offer safe spaces where youth can engage as well as the opportunity to be members of a greater community that is caring, knowledgeable, reflective, creative, and above all else inclusive. Youth Support Services provide healing through counseling, family support & guidance that transform lives. With positive relationships youth grow and cultivate their strengths and life purpose. Youth alliance also educates and empowers. Resource connect youth to pathways of opportunity while advancing youth & parent leadership for a more just and equitable community.
NEEDS THIS SEMESTER: During the spring 2020 semester, Youth Alliance needs support with community outreach efforts for the 2020 U.S. Census. Below is a list of needs:
- Community outreach
- Helping coordinate and carrying out neighborhood door-to-door canvassing to inform residents of the pending U.S. Census;
- Tabling events at community functions and meetings;
- Conducting informational presentations to groups;
- Census Support
- Assist residents in accessing the on-line census questionnaire at a Questionnaire Assistance Centers (QAC) or Questionnaire Action Kiosks (QAK).
- Contribute to social media campaign (stories & ideas)
- Assist in compiling data on outreach and information activities
WHO SHOULD APPLY: Students who are outgoing and comfortable engaging community members. Students must attend the scheduled training(s) in order to work with Youth Alliance.
WHO SHOULD NOT APPLY: A Livescan is not required however any students who has a violent or sexual crime conviction are asked to find an alternative placement.
Rigo Jimenez / (408) 710-9293 / email@example.com
Volunteer Orientation / Training Information. Select ONE orientation date to attend:
Date: Thursday, February 13th
Time: 4:00-5:00 PM
Location: Veterans Memorial Building (649 San Benito St, Hollister, CA 95023)
Scheduled Census 2020 Canvassing Dates in Hollister (meeting locations TBD):
- Saturday, February 15th from 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday, February 29th from 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday, March 14th from 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday, March 28th from 9:00am-1:00pm