How do I Begin?
Refer to the New Student Checklist. At the very least, you'll need to:
- Complete the Application for Admission and become a Gavilan student.
- After 5 days, obtain your ID and password.
- For certain classes, you may need to schedule and take an assessment test.
- Register for the class you want, using my.gavilan.edu.
Here are some tips for new students:
- Classes fill up fast, so be aware of the registration calendar and get your class as early as possible.
- Pay for your class after registering. You must pay to keep your place in class! Unpaid students are dropped from the class within 2 weeks.
- Practice using the online class software by visiting LIB 732, a free course with examples of everything you will encounter in online courses.
(self enroll after you login to iLearn by selecting "HELP" and then clicking on LIB732)