The Learning Commons offers many workshops to help you study and complete reading, writing, and research assignments for your classes. Click below to view a presentation at home or come into Library 168 to attend a workshop in person.
- Understanding Academic Articles Handout: Protecting Children From the Consequences of Divorce
- Handout: Let's Practice! (APA)
Start at the Gavilan College Library for all your research needs.
- Where can I find sources to use in my essay?
- Where can I find help for citing sources?
- Where can I find help for formatting my research paper.
Cracking the Code
Ready to Proofread?
How to Make a Prezi
- Effective Study Skills Handout: My Week at a Glance
- Formatting an MLA Document in MS Word Handout: Formatting an MLA Document in Word
- Get Organized Handout: My Week at a Glance
- Note-taking Strategies
English 250/440 Portfolios
For one-on-one assistance with your writing assignment, visit the Writing Center.