Fresh Success is an employment and training program serving students living in Santa Clara and/or San Benito County, and are receiving or eligible to receive CalFresh (SNAP) benefits. Fresh Success serves a variety of students, including but not limited to those that are timed out of CalWORKs, low-income, Latinos, former Foster Youth, out of state and those that are half-time or less than half-time.
Services to eligible students may include:
- Textbook vouchers
- Up to $100/month in transportation assistance
- Up to $250 in PG&E assistance
- Up to $250 in vehicle repair assistance
- Rental assistance for up to one month’s rent
- Academic counseling
- Parking Permits
- Job readiness assistance
- Student support workshops
Minimum eligibility requirements include:
- Live in Santa Clara/San Benito County
- Are receiving or are eligible to receive CalFresh benefits - Apply for CalFresh Benefits here
- Are enrolled or planning to enroll at Gavilan College in approved majors/courses.
- Meet with Fresh Success staff for a full assessment to determine eligibility.