Food Pantry Resources
For tasty recipes on your budget please visit
Nutrition: Build a Healthy Meal
- MyPlate is a great tool to find your healthy eating style and build it throughout your lifetime. It includes the five food groups: Dairy, Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, and Protein. Everything you eat and drink matters. The right mix can help you be healthier now and in the future. This means:
- Focus on variety, amount, and nutrition.
- Choose foods and beverages with less saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars.
- Start with small changes to build healthier eating styles.
- Support healthy eating for everyone.
To learn more about MyPlate, click here.
Harvest of the Month: Pears
- A ½ cup of sliced pears – green, yellow, or red – has fiber and vitamin C. Some common pears are Bosc, Anjou, Bartlett, Asian, and Cactus Pear. Click here for more information on pears.
Physical Activity: Walking
- Walking is a great way to get aerobic physical activity and has many health benefits including a decreased risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and stroke. It can also be used as a form of transportation and helps to reduce air pollution. For more information on walking, click here.
For information specific to beverage education see materials below
Food Safety Notification
For information on food and resources in your area please visit
Contact the Food Pantry via email at email@example.com
Press Release - Food Pantry helps Gavilan Students Succeed
To apply for CalFresh benefits, please use the following link: