Associated Students of Gavilan College Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- ASGC Textbook Scholarship awards students up to $200. The scholarship is posted on the ASGC website prior to the start of each semester and is awarded on a lottery basis. Completed applications are accepted during the first three days of each semester. Textbook scholarship vouchers must be submitted to the bookstore by the second Friday of the semester.
In order to qualify for the $200 ASGC Textbook Scholarship you must:
- Complete the ASGC Textbook Scholarship Application
- Complete the Required Textbooks Form.
- To complete this form, you can either visit the bookstore or go to the following website to look for the book priceshttp://www.bkstr.com/gavilanstore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials
- Submit a copy of your:
- Class schedule demonstrating that you are enrolled in at least six (6) academic units at Gavilan College
- Transcript indicating a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above
- Receipt showing that you have paid for your classes in full
- Current ASGC card
- Current Educational Plan completed by a Gavilan College Counselor or Degree Works degree audit that indicates that the classes you are enrolled in are necessary to meet your academic goal.
- Type a minimum of a one to two page double-spaced personal statement answering the following questions:
- What are your future goals?
- How will this scholarship benefit you in reaching your goals?
- Why should we choose you as the recipient of this scholarship?
- Submit your completed ASGC Textbook Scholarship Packet to the ASGC Office by the third day of the term.
Additional Textbook Resources:
- Cal Grant
- California Dream Act
- Chafee Grant (Current or former Foster Youth)
- Child Development Grant
- Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) (No Residency or SSN Required)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Priority Filing Period Jan 1st – March 2nd; Can still apply after March 2nd)
- FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Fast Web
- Financial Aid Contacts
- Gavilan College Financial Aid Office
- I can afford College
- Mach 25
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) (No Residency or SSN Required)
- Sallie Mae
- US Department of Veteran Affairs