Services & Accommodations
Gavilan College provides a variety of services through the Accessible Education Center (AEC) in an effort to equalize educational opportunities for students with verified disabilities as they move toward their educational or vocational goals. Services include:
Academic Support Referrals and Coordination
Alternate Media: Gavilan AEC specialists assist faculty, staff, and students with disabilities by providing access to alternative media formats to meet a variety of instructional needs. They can include, but are not limited to, Braille, large print, e-text, captioning, tactile graphics, accessible online courses and college web sites.
- Assistive Computer Technology & Training (High Tech Center, Library 105)
- Counseling: Academic, personal, or career.
- Deaf Services: Interpreting & Real-time Captioning
- Adaptive Equipment & Furniture Checkout, such as:
- Tables, Chairs
- Digital Recorders, Daisy/MP3 Players
- Amplification System
- Portable CC-TVs and Magnifiers
- SmartPens or Audio Outtalking Software
- Liaison with Local, State, & Federal Agencies
- Mobility Assistance
- Note Takers
- On-Campus Transportation
- Referral Services
- Registration Assistance and Priority Registration
- Services for Students with Traumatic Brain Injuries (T.B.I.)
- Sign Language Interpreting, Real-time or Remote Captioning
- Specialized Adapted Physical Education Equipment
- Specialized Instruction
- Educational Assistance Classes in Math, Reading, and Writing
- Test Proctoring
|Test Proctoring Request Form
|Alternate Media Request Form
|Software Loan Agreement Form
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students with exceptional needs who, because of a verified disability, cannot fully benefit from the regular programs offered by the College without services and/or instruction.
ACCESSIBILITY / PARKING
Gavilan College is an accessible campus. Ramps provide access to upper and lower malls. Mobility assistance can be provided for students with physical limitations. Designated parking is provided for vehicles displaying a disability placard / parking permit.
The prevailing fees for registration and parking are applicable. Waivers may be available. Contact the AEC Office for financial aid or waiver information.
Students requiring special services or arrangements because of hearing, visual, or other disability should contact their instructor, counselor, advisor, or the AEC office at 408-848-4767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.