Accessible Education Center
Registration Process for New Students
All registration materials are available in alternate media format
upon request, contact AEC at (408) 848-4865.
Submit Gavilan College application to Admissions & Records office at one of the following sites:
- Gavilan Gilroy site
- Gavilan Hollister - Briggs Building
- Gavilan Morgan Hill site
Placement Assessment Test - Note: The Placement Assessment test is not required for our CareerPrep candidates.
- Call 408-846-4992 or visit the Admissions & Records Assessment Testing website to sign up for a Placement Assessment test.
- Call or visit the AEC (Library 117) if you think you may qualify for extended test time due to the nature of your disability or need the test in an alternate format (i.e. Braille, electronic text, large print, audio, etc.)
- Date / Time of Test __________________
- Obtain official High School transcript.
- Obtain college transcripts if you have attended other colleges.
Copy of IEP (Individualized Education Plan) and achievement and diagnostic tests if you received Special Education Services in high school.
- Obtain copy of most recent IEP.
- Obtain copies of most recent achievement and diagnostic testing, including IQ Test Scores.
- Obtain copies of any information which would explain or verify the nature of your disability, or suspected disability.
Fee Waiver and Financial Aid – Phone (408) 848-4727
- Unless you plan to pay full registration fees, you must apply for a financial aid fee waiver before scheduling a registration
appointment with the AEC counselor.
- To apply for financial aid, visit the Financial Aid office to get information and forms. Return the filled out forms to the Financial
- You will need the Board of Governors Fee Waiver Form to apply for a waiver of registration fees, and the FAFSA to apply for other types of financial aid.
- Department of Rehabilitation clients are REQUIRED to apply for financial aid before they (DOR) will authorize payment for any of your fees, or expenses such as books and travel.
- If you were denied a registration fee waiver by the Financial Aid office, you must request a form from the Financial Aid office which verifies you were denied, and bring it with you to your counseling appointment.
Appointment with AEC Counselor – Phone: (408) 848-4767
- Schedule an appointment at least 2 working days after you have completed the Placement Assessment test.
AEC Counseling appointment, bring the following:
- Copy of High School/College official transcripts.
- Copy of most recent IEP and achievement & diagnostic tests, including IQ scores.
- Copies of any information which would explain or verify the
nature of your disability. Download the AEC Verification of Disability form, and bring the signed form to your counseling appointment.
- Money (check or cash) to register.