Outcomes and Rubrics
Please utilize the resources on this page to help you get your Student Learning Outcomes set-up and use rubrics for assessment in your iLearn (Canvas) course. Contact the Distance Ed Department for help with Outcomes or Rubrics, or any other Canvas related assistance.
Professional Development Day Presentation: Canvas: Sneak Peek and Outcomes and Rubrics
Find your Course Outline:
- Go to: https://my.gavilan.edu and login
- Go tot the "Intranet" tab
- Under the "Program Planning and Assessment" block, click on the "Course Outline" link
- Your course outline contains SLO's, PLO's and ILO's for your course
Find Your Practice Course in Canvas and Create an Outcome:
- Click on your course
- Using your course navigation, click on "Outcomes"
- Click on +Outcome to add a new outcome
- Use the guides below for more help
Attaching Outcomes to Rubrics:
View this video here: Attaching the newly created outcomes to a rubric.
This process will allow you to attach the rubric to an assignment that you would like to use to collect SLO assessment data in your course.