Observe/Evaluate Online Courses
Please find links to resources below to help you observe or evaluate an online course.
- Abbreviated CDR - Assessment: Use this checklist to observe the online course. When finished, use the data to complete the faculty evaluation form
- Course Design Rubric (in full): If you'd like a more thorough understanding of criteria for an online course, review this document.
- Effective Contact Rubric (Instructor, student): Check out this document for examples of effective contact between instructor and student and student to student.
- Distance Education Best Practices Document: This document has been approved by the Academic Senate. It is a very good read for policy, procedure and practice of Distance Education at Gavilan College.
- Dean's training presentation: This presentation was delivered at a Dean's meeting on Sept 26, 2019