Using the Edit Tab
Here is a page that we can edit. Notice the “Edit” tab.
Click on the “Edit” tab.
This is our basic editing interface.
There are a few things to notice here:
- Title - This will appear as:
- The page’s headline
- The label of a bookmark if a visitor saves a bookmark, and
- The title of the window
- Our search engine weights this field higher, so use words that you think people would search for.
- Other search engines, like Google, will use this field as the “summary” they show in their results.
- Display name – This is optional, and will be used in the “breadcrumbs” at the top of the page. If you leave it blank, the title will be used.
- The large text editing area will let us edit the content of the page.
- “What did you change” – These are our (Gavilan’s) internal notes. Please make a quick note of the change you made. It doesn’t have to be fancy… ie: “changed phone number”