Canvas is the name of our college Learning Management System (LMS).
We refer to the "online classes" in general as iLearn, and access it at the URL ilearn.gavilan.edu. All online classes and supporting material will be using it.
Introduction to Canvas at Gavilan
- First step: Move course content From Moodle / From Canvas
- Second step: Reorganize material
- Third step: Using Canvas pages
- How do I use the Course Setup Checklist?
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I view my Canvas courses?
- How do I use the Course Home Page?
- How do I use the Course Navigation Menu?
- What layout options are available in the Course Home Page?
- How do I add users to a course?
Add Course Content
- How do I upload a file to a course?
- How do I create a new page in a course?
- How do I use the Syllabus?
- How do I add a module?
- What assignment types are available?
- How do I create an assignment shell in an assignment group?
- What Quiz types are available?
- How do I create a quiz with individual questions?
- How do I give extra time to some students' quizzes?
- How do I create a discussion?
- How do I use the Calendar?
Grades and Records
How do I set up SLOs and gather their data? You'll need to:
Other Canvas Resources
- FAQs about the June 2017 transition from Moodle to Canvas
- Dec 2016 online course showcase - video of 3 Gav instructors introducing their Canvas courses
- Public Canvas Courses - to look at & see possibilities