Bring your course to Canvas
In this video, I'll show how to do the first step of bringing your online class out of Moodle and into Canvas.
Overview of the steps:
- Go to the class in moodle (iLearn)
- Under 'Course Administration', click 'Backup'
- Uncheck 'Enrolled Users'
- Make sure 'Activities and Resources' is checked
- Everything else is up to you
- Skip the rest of the steps and do the export
- Download the backup file. Know where it is on your computer
- Find your course in Canvas (gavilan.instructure.com). It should be empty
- Click the 'Course Setup Checklist'
- Click 'Import Content'
- Choose the file you downloaded in step 7
- Choose 'All Content'
- Click Import