How to use the Attendance Tool
The Attendance Tool lets you take a roll call for a live, in-person class.
Step 1: Add the tool to your class
- Start on the Modules list, and add a new item to a module.
- Choose External Tool, and then Attendance.
- Click on Add Item.
The tool has now been added to your class. You can choose to leave it hidden (unpublished) since you should be the only person using it.
Step 2: Use the Attendance Tool to take roll
- At the beginning of a class session, log into your iLearn class and click on the Attendance tool.
- You should see that it is set to today's date, and there is a list of students.
- You can change the date if needed.
- Take roll normally. For each student, click on the "universal NO symbol" next to their name. Each click will cycle through the following states:
- No data
- Everything is saved each time you click. When you are done, you can leave the page at any time.
Step 3: Creating a report of attendance
- When you need to see all the data you've gathered, click on the Attendance Report.
- Click on the little Gear / Settings icon in the upper right corner of the tool.
- Choose Attendance Report.
- Choose the dates that you'd like to report on, and confirm your email address is showing.
- Click Run Report.
Step 4: What the report looks like
- The report will be emailed to you. Click the link to download it and open it in Excel.
- It will have a line for each entry you've made, on each day covered.