Program Integration Planning and Review
The purpose of the integrated planning and review process is to improve student success at Gavilan College. Disciplines and departments engage in the planning and review process to ensure academic excellence, assess educational effectiveness, develop realistic plans for improvement, and measure the impact these disciplines, departments and/ or programs have on the College’s Strategic Planning Goals. For instructional programs, the planning and review process is designed to foster collective reflection as to how, and how effectively, these courses are contributing to their department and division goals as well as the College goals. The results meaningfully inform institutional planning, resource allocation, and decision making at the College.
Program Integrated Planning and Review will:
- Use evidence from multiple sources to develop an evaluation of the effectiveness, quality, and sustainability of programs.
- Improve the educational effectiveness of all programs, which include the maintenance of curricular relevance especially within district-wide disciplines and programs.
- Advance the mission and strategic goals of the College
- Identify collaborative opportunities and minimize duplication
- Guide long-term planning and resource allocation at the discipline, department, division and College levels.
Plan and Review Process
Creating an integrated plan and review report entails information from a variety of different sources; degrees awarded, student counts, outcome assessment, previous plans and reviews, financial data, and much more. In the FAQ page, links to reports in GavData as well as outside sources are listed for your convenience. Throughout the Planning and Review template you will find links that bring you to these pages for information. In addition, we have added links to additional resources such as a the Cal-Pass Plus Launchboard, review guides, and terminology. If you know of additional resources that should be included here, please contact Sydney LaRose: firstname.lastname@example.org.