Get Help, Give Help
Gavilan faculty have lots to offer! If you have skills you'd like to share, or need some skills that other faculty have, please email email@example.com to be included in a faculty skill-bank time exchange. All time is countable as flex activity for both the getter and giver of skills!
Some sample needs and offers:
I Need Support With:
- Making the most of my MAC Computer.
- Better IT and Web Support as Faculty Member.
- Social Gathering to connect with other departments to create activities
- I want to collaborate with other disciplines (Math, history, Philosophy, etc.) for my drawing or mural class.
- Want to learn more ways to incorporate technology into math instruction.
- Want to learn Prezi and Spanish (I mean practice it to learn more).
- Balancing Empathy and accountability with my students.
- More support for how to Coach students who are in a slump or seem unmotivated.
- SLOs, could always use advice.
- Support in creating more of a sense of presence in an asynchronous, online environment.
I Can Provide Support With:
- Provide support for creating effective prompts.
- How to make the Most of your MAC computer.
- Provide Positive Coaching Techniques.
- Provide help with helping students learn available campus resources.
- Share math assignments/ handouts/ projects with other math instructors.
- Tutor Training.
- Provide help making online classes more Humanized, creating online lectures, connecting with DE students.
- Teaching with creative risks, civic engagement, collaborative teaching, and the research process.
- Give with examples on Ice Breakers- getting students engaged at start of semester.
- Provide help in assessment of SLOs.
- Can help with building an online class.
- I can help come up with ways to engage student.
- Using Ilearn, working with technology.
- Provide help using In-Design to create flyers and syllabi covers.
- Assist in setting up study abroad programs.
- Provide help with using timekeeper.