Gavilan College Spanish Classes in Seville, Spain
Text only version - click here for the Graphic version of the page.
Seville, June 2013
Join the Gavilan Spanish language program at Giralda
Center in Seville, Spain. Earn up to
Classes offered at different levels, from beginner to advanced.
Classroom instruction plus local immersion in the Spanish language. Visit
cultural centers. Live with a host family and enjoy hospitality, family
meals, language practice, and exposure to the life and culture of Spain.
Take excursions to Córdoba and Granada.
Seville enjoys an intense cultural life, with the celebration of
and cultural events throughout the year...
- Contact Numbers - (Address,
Fax, Phone, email for school & students)
- Lodging Details - Host family
name, address, phone, map - TBD
- Course Requirements - Class
Syllabus, Take-home test, Reading material
Questions? -- we've got answers!
- Orientation meeting -- Saturday, Feb 16, in HU 105 from 11:00 to
- Cost: $1500.00, plus College fees, plus airfare (approx., dependent
on Euro exchange rate)
see Program Details below
- Where do I sign up? Reserve a spot with a deposit, submit your
see Program Details below
Can anyone go? Yes, the program is open to all.
- I've been out of school for 30 years... No problem, this is a very
supportive environment, with small informal classes and individual
- What if I'm not a student at Gavilan? No problem, it is very easy to
register for Gavilan classes, just a few simple forms.
- Do I have to take the Gavilan College Placement Test? Generally no,
just register (the test is required for current High School Students -
read about the details here).
- Do I need high school or college transcripts? Generally no, unless
you are currently attending High School -
read about the details here.
- Can I take my young son/daughter along? Yes, minors can participate
in the program as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Contact
Albert Marqués for other arrangements, such as daycare, family lodging,
Contact: Albert Marqués, 408 848-4794, email:
Program Details - TBD
- Dates: June 2013
- Fees: $1500.00 double occupancy, plus College fees plus Flight
(approx., dependent on Euro exchange rate)
- Sign up: Reserve a spot with a $200.00 non-refundable deposit;
Payment in full due May 2013
Fill out the
application forms and waivers here
Accommodations with a Spanish host family, Three meals per day
Language classes at the
Giralda Center Spanish House, Class materials
- Not Included:
Roundtrip air and ground transportation from the US to Sevilla
US airport/customs fees and departure taxes
Gavilan College tuition and fees - $46 per Unit, plus $16 Gavilan
- Flights: Students book their own flights
- Living Arrangements:
Students live with local families in their homes
Accommodations are double occupancy
Two daily meals are included
5 hours daily (2 hours grammar, 2 hours conversation, 1 hour culture)
The culture sessions may be combined with Flamenco lessons
- Free School Activities:
Welcome party, Farewell Party
Theater workshop, Spanish movies
Discussion sessions about current events
Information sessions preceding all activities and excursions
- Optional Weekend Excursions:
Affordable weekend excursions to famous and historical cities outside of
Seville will be posted at the school. Students may sign up and join
others from around the world on these exiting trips
To learn about the Summer Program in México,
contact David Pérez at 408 848-4842, email:
Address of this page is:
Last updated on
Send questions or comments to Franz Mayrhofer at