Gavilan College Spanish Classes in Seville, Spain
Text only version - click here for the Graphic version of the page.
Seville, June/July 2015
Join the Gavilan Spanish language program at Giralda Center in Seville, Spain. Earn up
to 5 units.
Classes offered at different levels, from beginner to advanced. Classroom instruction plus local immersion in
the Spanish language. Visit cultural centers. Live with a host family and enjoy hospitality, family meals,
language practice, and exposure to the life and culture of Spain. Take excursions to Córdoba and Granada.
Seville enjoys an intense cultural life, with the celebration of numerous festivals
and cultural events throughout the year...
- Contact Numbers - (Address, Fax, Phone, email for school & students)
- Lodging Details - Host family name, address, phone, map - TBD
- Course Requirements - Class Syllabus, Take-home test, Reading
Questions? -- we've got answers!
- Orientation meeting -- Saturday, Feb 21, in HU 105 at 10:00 am
- Cost: $1550.00, plus College fees, plus airfare (approx., dependent on Euro exchange rate)
see Program Details below
- Where do I sign up? Reserve a spot with a deposit, submit your application -
see Program Details below
Can anyone go? Yes, the program is open to all.
- I've been out of school for 30 years... No problem, this is a very supportive environment, with small
informal classes and individual attention.
- What if I'm not a student at Gavilan? No problem, it is very easy to register for Gavilan classes, just a
few simple forms.
- Do I have to take the Gavilan College Placement Test? Generally no, just register (the test is required for
current High School Students -
about the details here).
- Do I need high school or college transcripts? Generally no, unless you are currently attending High School -
about the details here.
- Can I take my young son/daughter along? Yes, minors can participate in the program as long as they are
accompanied by an adult. Contact Albert Marqués for other arrangements, such as daycare, family lodging, etc.
Contact: Albert Marqués, 408 848-4794, email: email@example.com
- Dates: June 14 - July 11, 2015
- Fees: $1550.00 double occupancy, plus College fees plus Flight (approx., dependent on
Euro exchange rate)
- Sign up: Reserve a spot with a $200.00 non-refundable deposit;
Payment in full due May 2015
Fill out the application
forms and waivers here
Accommodations with a Spanish host family, Three meals per day
Language classes at the Giralda Center
Spanish House, Class materials
- Not Included:
Roundtrip air and ground transportation from the US to Sevilla
US airport/customs fees and departure taxes
Gavilan College tuition and fees - $46 per Unit, plus $16 Gavilan College Fee
- Flights: Students book their own flights
- Living Arrangements:
Students live with local families in their homes
Accommodations are double occupancy
Two daily meals are included
5 hours daily (2 hours grammar, 2 hours conversation, 1 hour culture)
The culture sessions may be combined with Flamenco lessons
- Free School Activities:
Welcome party, Farewell Party
Theater workshop, Spanish movies
Discussion sessions about current events
Information sessions preceding all activities and excursions
- Optional Weekend Excursions:
Affordable weekend excursions to famous and historical cities outside of Seville will be posted at the school.
Students may sign up and join others from around the world on these exiting trips
Address of this page is: http://www.gavilan.edu/spanish/text/sevilla.html.
Last updated on
Send questions or comments to Franz Mayrhofer at firstname.lastname@example.org.