SYLLABUS: SPANISH 2B
TEXT AND WORKBOOK:
Method of Evaluation
Take home test: Can be done at anytime
Students enrolled in Spanish 2B are required in addition to regular classes in Spain to complete a take home test.
Take home test requirements: (select only 5)
1. Explain how to form and use the conditional in Spanish with examples
2. Explain how to form and use reflexive verbs in Spanish with examples
3. Explain how to forma and use the future in Spanish with examples
4. Explain how to form the past participle in Spanish and how it is used
5. Explain the perfect tenses in Spanish and contrast with English
6. Explain por versus para and give examples
7. Show how to form the imperfect subjunctive and explain when it is used giving examples
8. Explain the use of relative pronouns in Spanish
Take 30 vocabulary words that you have learned in Spain and translate them, make an association, and write a sentence (see example take home test).
Read two stories from “Stories that must not die” (see reading list) and write a one page summary on each. Optionally, you may choose another short story of your choice in Spanish.
Attend at least one of the afternoon classes once a week (the classes are free).
All students registered in the Gavilan College study abroad program have made a huge sacrifice to be able to participate. Participation is essential and required. Students who choose not to participate or act inappropriately can be asked to leave our program at their own expense. Grounds for dismissal of the program include but are not limited to:
Address of this page is: http://www.gavilan.edu/spanish/sev2009/syl_2b.html
Last updated on 05/04/09 .
Send questions or comments to Albert Marqués at