Welcome to Gavilan College Academic Senate
Senate meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month in the Mayock House from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
Tuesday December 2, 2014 from 2:30-4:00
1) Grants – The Senate will discuss the impact of grants on instruction and overall institutional planning and make appropriate recommendations to the district regarding current and future grants.
2) Bylaws Revision – The Senate will begin revision of its bylaws and constitution to address ambiguities and define procedures with the goal of serving the evolving needs of the faculty and the college.
3) Senate Effectiveness – The Senate will continue to encourage the participation of senators and faculty in the Senate through open discussion, training, and reporting of Senate committees.
4) Student Success – The Senate will lead discussion on various instructional initiatives being used and make recommendations on ways to institutionalize, fund, or adapt them in other programs.
5) Relationship with GCFA – The Senate will maintain a positive relationship with the GCFA that enables both entities to support each other and the best interests of the faculty.
6) Oversight Committee – The Senate will consider the creation of an oversight committee.
7) Student Success Act – The Senate will maintain involvement with the implementation of the various institutional changes mandated by the Student Success Act through regular reporting and faculty input.
8) Distance Education – The Senate will continue discussion of ways to strengthen, support, and better define distance education at Gavilan College; it will stay informed on statewide initiatives on online education to make recommendations to the district.9) Departmental configuration – The Senate will discuss the the criteria for the establishment and organization of departments.