Gavilan College Outcomes
This page has the current institutional, program, and course outcomes.
Currently in the development and refining stage.
Gavilan College Institutional Outcomes [ open ]
- 1.1. Students will communicate effectively in many different situations, involving diverse people and viewpoints.
- 1.2. Speaking: Students will speak in an understandable and organized fashion to explain their ideas, express their feelings, or support a conclusion.
- 1.3. Listening: Students will listen actively and respectfully to analyze the substance of others' comments.
- 1.4. Reading: Students will read effectively and analytically and will comprehend at the college level.
- 1.5. Writing: Students will write in an understandable and organized fashion to explain their ideas, express their feelings, or support a conclusion.
- 2.1. Students will think logically and critically in solving problems; explaining their conclusions; and evaluating, supporting, or critiquing the thinking of others.
- 2.2. Analysis and Synthesis: Students will understand and build upon complex issues and discover the connections and correlations among ideas to advance toward a valid independent conclusion.
- 2.3. Problem Solving: Students will identify and analyze real or potential problems and develop, evaluate, and test possible solutions, using the scientific method where appropriate.
- 2.4. Creative Thinking: Students will formulate ideas and concepts in addition to using those of others.
- 2.5. Quantitative Reasoning: Students will use college-level mathematical concepts and methods to understand, analyze, and explain issues in quantitative terms.
- 2.6. Transfer of Knowledge and Skills to a New Context: Students will apply their knowledge and skills to new and varied situations.
3. Information Competency:
- 3.1. Students will use printed materials, personal communication, observation, and electronic resources to find and evaluate information.
- 3.2. Research: Students will do research at a level that is necessary to achieve personal, professional, and educational success.
- 3.3. Technological Competency: Students will use technological applications to find, organize, and present information effectively.
4. Social Interaction:
- 4.1. Students will interact with individuals and within groups with integrity and awareness of others' opinions, feelings and values.
- 4.2. Teamwork: Students will participate effectively in teams, committees, task forces, and in other group efforts to make decisions and seek consensus.
- 4.3. Effective Citizenship: Students will take personal responsibility for being informed, ethical and active citizens of their community, their nation, and their world.
5. Aesthetic Responsiveness:
- 5.1. Students will produce or respond to artistic and creative expression.
6. Personal Development and Responsibility:
- 6.1. Students will develop individual responsibility, personal integrity, and respect for diverse people and cultures.
- 6.2. Self-management: Students will demonstrate habits of intellectual exploration, personal responsibility and physical well being.
- 6.3. Ethics and Values: Students will demonstrate an understanding of ethical issues that will enhance their capacity for making sound judgements and decisions.
- 6.4. Respect for Diverse People and Cultures: Students will respect and work with diverse people including those with different cultural and linguistic backgrounds and different abilities.