WHO: This program is ideal for teachers and business employees who want to learn to produce promotional and educational videos.
WHAT: Gavilan College Institute for Digital Media Entertainment/Education
Special Video Intensive Workshop with guest instructor, director and cinematographer Dusty Nelson. Dusty Nelson has written and directed documentaries for Lifetime Cable Network and public TV; and directed/shot for ABC-TV, commercials for Lexus, Ford Mustang, Toyota, Nissan, Izuzu, Subaru, and Ford. He is a NEA/PBS Filmmaker grant award winner and his film Effects was a finalist at the 2005 USA Film Festival. His web site is www.dustynelson.com
This is a "learn by doing" lab. Attendees have access to video equipment and one of the best digital media labs in the Northern California. This is a rare opportunity to work with a professional in a hands-on environment.
Attendees will be able to customize their learning experience and project development with access to instructors, tutors, on-line video, and suggested readings. Hi-Definition Video camcorders are available for check out.
In addition to video, students will be able to work on projects such as:
· Get a head start on Digital Storytelling.
· Produce a video for Blue Ray Disk, web, DVD, YouTube, or Podcast
· Design interactive goal-based lesson material
· Design your own website using Dreamweaver and Flash
· Transform your old photos into a digital scrapbook or large poster
· Unleash your music potential with digital technology
· Tell your story with memories, words, photos, videos, and animation.
WHEN: 2012 Summer, June 11–June 21 M–Th, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Hours are flexible
WHERE: All events are in Studio DM (Li 128), Gavilan College,
HOW: Register for DM 108, Digital Media Lab. Register in person in Gilroy, Morgan Hill or Hollister or online at www.gavilan.edu. For further information, email email@example.com