- Scroll down and read the fill-in-the-blank statements you will need to complete. (You might want to write them down on scratch paper.)
- When we are at the site we will find information on jobs for librarians by typing that word in the Search box as shown below and click on the GO button:
- Next you will see a list of job titles.
- Click on the link entitled, Librarians
- Each of these job listings are divided into several sections:
- Nature of the work, which describes the actual work performed,
- Working conditions, which describes where the work is performed (at a desk, outside, in front of a computer, in a factory...
- Employment, which describes who is employing this worker (schools, governments, private companies...
- Training, which describes the degrees or schooling needed for the work,
- Job Outlook, which describes whether this is a growing field or a shrinking field,
- Earnings, what you can expect to earn,
- Related occupations, and
- Sources of additional information.
To navigate through the different sections of the site, click on the underlined topic links at the top of the page or just scroll down through the article. For the first part of this assignment, we'll be concentrating on the Job Outlook section.
Note: When you click on the Occupational Outlook Handbook link below, your browser should open up a new window for the link. To get back to this assignment page, just close the window by clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the window.
Warning! You do not want to X out of this assignment page until you have submitted your answers at the end of the assignment.
- Now, let's actually go to the Occupational Outlook Handbook site by clicking on its link and follow the steps we've just outlined. Then return to this assignment page and fill in the blanks below.