- When we are at the Occupational Outlook Handbook site, we
will find information on careers as cosmetologists by
typing in that word in the Search OOH box and click on
the Search button as shown below:
- Next you will see a list of job titles.
- Click on the link entitled, Barbers, Cosmetologists, and Other
Personal Appearance Workers.
- To navigate through the different sections of this site, click on
the underlined topic links at the top of the page or just scroll down
through the article. We are specifically looking through the Nature
of the Work section to find services performed by barbers,
cosmetologists and other personal appearance workers. We will also read
the section, Job Outlook.
Note: When you click on the link to the Occupational
Outlook Handbook, your browser should open up a new window
for this link. To return to this assignment page, just click
on the toggle button at the bottom of your screen, entitled
"ESL 541--Intermediate..." To return to the Occupational
Outlook Handbook site, click on the toggle button at the bottom
of your screen, entitled "Occupational Outlook..."
Warning! You do not want to X out of this assignment page
until you have submitted your answers at the end of the assignment.
- Now, let's actually go to the Occupational Outlook Handbook site by clicking on its
link and follow the steps we've just outlined. Then return to
this assignment page and answer the questions below: