- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
- Great site for health professionals on recommended immunization practices.
- American College Health Association
- Information regarding the meningococcal disease and vaccine.
- American Red Cross
Excellent web site re: preparing for Bioterrorism at
the personal level and how to respond if there is a disaster. Available
- Centers for Disease Control-Meningococcal Disease
- Most complete web site answering the most common questions about the disease and recommended
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
Can select your geographical region and obtain disaster fact sheets.
Also in Spanish.
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
Non profit organization dedicated to prevention of
disabling stress for emergency service professionals. Especially significant
in light of 2001 disasters.
- National Immunization Program
- Extensive site with user friendly links related to immunizations. Also in Spanish.
- Public Health Emergency Response by Centers for Disease Control
- Excellent CDC web site re: Bioterrorism preparedness. User friendly and links to resources.
- Recovery from disaster: United For Peace
- Site for information and resources on sustaining peace worldwide.