This disbursement schedule is contingent upon:
1. Gavilan College Financial Aid receiving your processed and valid FAFSA.
2. Your completion of requirements listed on Gavilan Self Service Banner.
3. Gavilan College Financial Aid reviewing your eligibility for grants, federal work study and federal loans, which require a student to show that the following criteria are satisfied:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Be enrolled or intend to enroll on at least a half time basis.
- Show financial need.
- Not be in default on an educational loan nor owe a refund to any financial aid office.
- Be registered, or formerly registered, with the Selective Service (for male students only).
- Be a regular student in an eligible program enrolling for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate.
- Have the ability to benefit from the education offered. This can be met by holding a high school diploma, passing an approved test in the Assessment Center, securing a GED diploma, or having satisfactorily completed at least six units that are applicable toward a degree or certificate at Gavilan College.
- Have declared a goal through matriculation. Eligible goals are an AA/AS or vocational degree, degree and/or transfer and vocational certificates.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
Cal Grant Payments:
State budget must be passed and signed by the Governor before Gavilan College can receive funding.