California Dream Act
The California Dream Act of 2011 was passed in 2 laws—AB 130 & AB 131 which allow AB 540 eligible students to apply for and receive…
- Privately funded scholarships at public colleges & universities
- Institutional financial aid like UC Grants, State University Grants, EOP and EOPS grants & fee waivers, and community college BOG fee waivers
1. Apply online for Dream Act for BOG Tuition Waiver and Cal Grants starting January 1 of each year - for grant consideration you must submit your Dream Application no later than March 2 each year.
2. Gavilan Financial Aid process Board of Governor's Tuition Waivers for eligible students.
3. Cal Grant awards will be made each summer for the Fall/Spring terms to AB 540 eligible students who...
- Attended a CA high school for 3 or more years;
- Filed the Dream Act before March 2;
- Fulfilled GPA Verification through your high school (for entitlement grant awards) or community college (for competitive grant awards);
- Graduated from a CA high school or attained the equivalent
- Registered or are currently enrolled at an accredited CA college or university; and
- Filed an affidavit with your college or university stating that you have or intend to file an application to legalize your immigration status, if applicable.
Cal-Grants are awarded to elgible students based on a combination of GPA and financial need. Not all students will be awarded a Cal-Grant.
For Dream App info at Gavilan College, contact:
Denise Apuzzo (408) 848-4763 or email@example.com
For more information at state level, contact:
California Student Aid Commission Tel: 1-888-224-7268
Supporting Academic Success for Immigrant Students (SASIS) Club