California Dream Act
The California Dream Act of 2011 was passed in 2 laws—AB 130 & AB 131 which allow AB 540 eligible students to apply for and receive…
- Privately funded scholarships at public colleges & universities (available starting Jan 2012)
- Institutional financial aid like UC Grants, State University Grants, EOP and EOPS grants & fee waivers, and community college BOG fee waivers (available starting Jan 2013)
1. Apply online for Dream Act for BOG Tuition Waiver and Cal Grants starting January 1, 2013.
2. Gavilan Financial Aid process Board of Governor's Tuition Waivers starting Spring 2013 term for eligible students.
3. Cal Grant awards will be made starting in Fall 2013 term to AB 540 eligible students who....
- Attended a CA high school for 3 or more years;
- Graduated from a CA high school or attained the equivalent
- Registered or are currently enrolled at an accredited CA college or university; and
- Filed an affidavit with your college or university stating that you have or intend to file an application to legalize your immigration status, if applicable.
For Dream App info at Gavilan College, contact:
Denise Apuzzo (408) 848-4763 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information at state level, contact:
California Student Aid Commission Tel: 1-888-224-7268
Supporting Academic Success for Immigrant Students (SASIS) Club