BOG Academic Requirements
The Student Success Act of 2012 (California Senate Bill 1456) signed by Governor Brown made significant changes to Board of Governors (BOG) Tuition Waiver program. Among other aspects, the Student Success Act created minimum academic and progress standards for the BOG Tuition Waiver.
- Academic Standards: Maintain cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 over two consecutive semesters (fall, spring)
- Progress Standards: Complete more than 50% of coursework attempted over two consecutive primary terms (fall, spring)
- Exemptions: Foster youth under the age of 24 are exempt from new Title 5 regulations, and will not be subject to loss of BOG Tuition Waiver based on academic, progress standards.
- Determining Consecutive Enrollment: The Chancellor's Office has released flow chart with various scenarios related to consecutive enrollment, and if loss of BOG applies. Determining Consecutive Enrollment
- Gavilan Catalog: Fall 2016 Changes to BOG
- Brochure (English): BOG Brochure
- Brochure (Spanish): BOG Brochure (espanol)
BOG Appeal: BOG Appeal