CalWORKs is California's plan for people on public assistance.
Gavilan College is a partner in this program, which assists CalWORKs
participants at the community college while they prepare for employment.
The college provides education, employment training, work-study and support
including child care and transportation assistance. The goal of the program
is for students to increase their wage earning power and to become economically
self-sufficient. A counselor/advisor is available to work with the student
to develop an educational and employment plan that addresses immediate
as well as long term goals.
- Academic, Personal and Career Counseling
- Advocacy and support from staff who are familiar
with welfare regulations
- Career and Personality Assessment
- Job Placement, interview preparation, resume development
and assistance with job applications
- Vocational Training
- Work Study Training and Internships
Gavilan College CalWORKs 75/25 Work-study program:
CalWORKs In-Take Form: