Disability Resource Center
More Alike Than Different
Gavilan College's Registration Process for New DRC
All registration materials are available in alternate media
contact DRC at (408) 848-4865.
Submit Gavilan College application to Admissions & Records office
at one of the following sites:
- Gavilan Gilroy site
- Gavilan Hollister - Briggs Building
- Gavilan Morgan Hill site
Placement Assessment Test - Phone
(408) 848-4733, 848-4736 or 848-4737 Note: The Placement Assessment
test is not required for Career Prep candidates.
- Call or visit Admissions & Records to sign up for a Placement
- Call or visit the DRC if you think you my qualify for extended
test time due to the nature of your disability or need the test in
an Alternate format (i.e. Learning Disability, Mobility, Vision
- Date / Time of Test __________________
Bring to the Placement Assessment test:
Copy of Transcript:
- Picture ID.
- Social Security Number (SSN) or ISN number and date
issued if you
are not a citizen.
- Two #2 pencils with erasers.
- Arrive early. No one will be allowed into the testing
after the published start time.
- Obtain official High School transcript.
- Obtain college transcripts if you have attended other colleges.
Copy of IEP (Individualized Education
Plan) and Achievement
and diagnostic tests if you received Special Education Services
in high school.
- Obtain copy of most recent IEP.
- Obtain copies of most recent achievement and diagnostic testing,
- Obtain copies of any information which would explain or verify
the nature of
your disability, or suspected disability.
Fee Waiver and Financial Aid – Phone
- Unless you plan to pay full registration fees,
you must apply for a financial aid fee waiver before scheduling a registration
appointment with the DRC counselor.
- To apply for financial aid, visit
Aid office to get information and forms. Return the filled out
forms to the Financial
- You will need the Board of Governors
Form to apply for a waiver of registration fees, and the FAFSA
to apply for other types of financial aid.
- Department of Rehabilitation
clients are REQUIRED
to apply for financial aid before they (DOR) will
authorize payment for any of your fees, or expenses
such as books and travel.
- If you were denied a registration
fee waiver by
the Financial Aid office, you must request a form
from the Financial Aid office which verifies you were
denied, and bring it with you to your counseling appointment.
Appointment with DRC Counselor – Phone:
- Schedule an appointment at least 2 working days after
you have completed the Placement
DRC Counseling appointment, bring the following:
- Copy of High School/College official transcripts.
of most recent IEP and achievement & diagnostic
tests, including IQ scores.
of any information which would
explain or verify the
of your disability. Download
the DRC Verification of Disability form, and
bring the signed form to your counseling appointment.
(check or cash) to register.
All college information or academic materials are available in alternate media upon request at (408) 848-4865.
For more DRC information, call 408-848-4865 or TTY at 408-846-4924.