Disability Resource Center
More Alike Than Different
Services to Students with Acquired Brain Injuries (A.B.I.) or Traumatic Brain Injuries (T.B.I.)
Gavilan College's Disability Center (DRC) department provides a variety of
services in an effort to equalize educational opportunities for students with
acquired brain injuries as they move toward their educational or vocational
Services to Students with A.B.I. include:
- Academic Vocational Counseling
- Personal/Disability Counseling
- Note taking, Mobility Assistance, and Equipment
- Financial Aid Information
- Instructional Services
Courses for Students with A.B.I.
- CSIS 570/571/572: Assistive Technology Courses
- Guidance 557: Learning Skills
- Guidance 558: Learning Skills Lab
- APE 34/534: Aquatic Fitness
- APE 35/535: Rehab Swimming
- APE 36/536: Rehab PE/Weight Training
- APE 38/538: Cardiovascular Conditioning
- AE 600: CareerPrep
All college information or academic materials are available in alternate media upon request at (408) 848-4865.
For more DRC information, call 408-848-4865 or TTY at 408-846-4924.