GAVILAN JOINT COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Regular Meeting, Board of Trustees
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
CLOSED SESSION – 6:00 p.m. OPEN SESSION – 7:00 p.m.
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd., Gilroy, CA 95020
Student Center, North/South Lounge
I. CALL TO ORDER 6:00 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Comments from the Public – this is a time for the public to address the Board
- Recess to closed session (a maximum of 5 minutes will be allotted to each speaker)
CLOSED SESSION 6:00 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that a closed session of the Board will be held under the general provisions of Section(s) 54954.5, 54956.8, 54956.9, 54957, 54957.6 of the Government Code. The subject(s) of discussion:
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(b)
Significant Exposure to Litigation: Two (2) Cases
II. OPEN SESSION 7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Oath of Office – Student Trustee
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Report of Any Action Taken in Closed Session
- Consent Agenda
- Regular Board Meeting Minutes, October 11, 2011, Special Board Meeting Minutes, October 26, 2011
- Personnel Actions
- Warrants and Electronic Transfers Drawn on District Funds
- Ratification of Agreements
- Approval of Agenda
- Comments from the Public - This is a time for the public to address the Board.
- Recognitions and Awards (A maximum of 5 minutes will be allotted to each speaker.)
- Officers' Reports
- Vice Presidents
- College President
- Academic Senate
- Professional Support Staff
- Student Representative
- Board Member Comments
- Board President
- Board Committee Reports
- Information/Staff Reports
- Recognition of the Employee of the Month
- Contract and Community Education 2011 Annual Report
- Student Success Report Fall 2011
- Student Profile Report Fall 2011
- Measure E Bond Quarterly Preliminary Financial Status Report at September 30, 2011
- Retiree Health Benefit Trust Investment Portfolio Status as of September 30, 2011
- Monthly Financial Report
III. ACTION ITEMS
- New Business
- Grant Award Notification – STEM MAGNET: Improving Pathways for Hispanic/Low-Income Students
- Citizens’ Oversight Committee Appointment
- EOPS/CalWORKs/CARE Advisory Committee
- Disability Resource Center Workability III Advisory Committee
- Disability Resource Center Advisory Committee
- Career Technical Education Advisory Boards
- Child Development Training Consortium Agreement 2011-2012
- Policies and Procedures
- Revision to Technology Master Plan
- * Approval to Certify the Appointment of Alternate Representative to Joint Powers Authority for Self-Funded Workers’ Compensation Insurance Resolution No. 934
- Quarterly Financial Status Report, CCFS 311Q at September 30, 2011
- Budget Adjustments
- BFGC-IBI Group Architecture and Planning (BFGC) Project Assignment Amendment (PAA) for Student Services/Administration HVAC
*Roll Call Vote
IV. CLOSING ITEMS
- 1. The next regularly scheduled Board meeting is December 13, 2011, Gilroy Campus, North/South Lounge.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Individuals wishing to address the Board on a non-agenda item may do so during the Comments from the Public. However, no action may be taken on an item, which is not on the agenda. The public is welcomed to address the Board on particular agenda items and may do so at the time it is presented. Guidelines for Comments from the Public will be as follows:
A maximum of 5 minutes will be allotted to each speaker with a maximum of 20 minutes to a subject area.
No disruptive conduct will be permitted at any Gavilan College Board of Trustees meeting.
AGENDA ITEMS – Individuals wishing to have an item appear on the agenda must submit the request in writing to the Superintendent/President two weeks prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. The Board President and Superintendent/President will determine what items will be included in the agendas. Regular meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month.
Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and are acted on by the Board of Trustees as one motion. There is no discussion of these items prior to Board vote unless a member of the Board, staff, or public requests that specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Agenda. It is understood that the Administration recommends approval on all consent items. Each item on the Consent Agenda approved by the Board of Trustees shall be deemed to have been considered in full and adopted as recommended.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to access the Board meeting room or to otherwise participate at this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Angie Oropeza at 408-848-4711. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the Board meeting.
Please help keep Gavilan College a litter-free campus and preserve its park-like setting.