GAVILAN JOINT COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Regular Meeting, Board of Trustees
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
CLOSED SESSION – 5:30 p.m. OPEN SESSION – 7:00 p.m.
Morgan Hill Community Cultural Center, Madrone Room
17000 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, CA
I. CALL TO ORDER 5:30 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Comments from the Public – this is a time for the public to address the Board
- Recess to closed session
(a maximum of 5 minutes will be allotted to each speaker)
CLOSED SESSION 5:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that a closed session of the Board will be held under the general provisions of Section(s) 54954.5, 54956.8, 54956.9, 54957, 54957.6 of the Government Code. The subject(s) of discussion:
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE
- CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code §54956.8)
Property: Custom One Inc.
Agency negotiator: Dr. Steven M. Kinsella
Negotiating parties: Various negotiating parties
Under negotiation: Terms of payment, conditions
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(b)
Significant Exposure to Litigation: Two (2) Cases
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency negotiator(s): Susan Cheu/Richard Alfaro/Joseph Keeler
Employee organization: CSEA
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency negotiator(s): Sherrean Carr/Rachel Perez/Joseph Keeler
Employee organization: GCFA
II. OPEN SESSION 7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Report of Any Action Taken in Closed Session
- Consent Agenda
- Regular Board Meeting Minutes, September 13, 2011, Joint Gavilan College and Gilroy Unified School District Board Subcommittee Minutes, August 31, 2011, Gavilan College Board Policy Subcommittee of the Whole, September 19, 2011
- Personnel Actions
- Warrants and Electronic Transfers Drawn on District Funds
- Ratification of Agreements
- Approval of Agenda
- Comments from the Public - This is a time for the public to address the Board.
- Officers' Reports (A maximum of 5 minutes will be allotted to each speaker.)
- Vice Presidents
- College President
- Academic Senate
- Professional Support Staff
- Student Representative
- Board Member Comments
- Board President
- Board Committee Reports
- Information/Staff Reports
- Recognition of the Employees of the Month
- Child Development Center
- Policies and Procedures
- Monthly Financial Report
III. ACTION ITEMS
- Old Business
- Board Self-Evaluation Instrument Approval – Schedule Meeting for Board Self-Evaluation, Goal Setting, and Strategic Planning Session
- New Business
- Puente Advisory Committee
- Success Fee Agreement
- Community Vision, San Benito County
- California Early Childhood Mentor Program Agreement, 2011-12
- Tentative Agreement with GCFA
- Quarterly Financial Status Report, CCFS 311Q at June 30, 2011
- Annual Financial and Budget Report, CCFS-311
- Budget Adjustments
IV. CLOSING ITEMS
- The next regularly scheduled Board meeting is November 8, 2011, Gilroy Campus, North/South Lounge.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Individuals wishing to address the Board on a non-agenda item may do so during the Comments from the Public. However, no action may be taken on an item, which is not on the agenda. The public is welcomed to address the Board on particular agenda items and may do so at the time it is presented. Guidelines for Comments from the Public will be as follows:
A maximum of 5 minutes will be allotted to each speaker with a maximum of 20 minutes to a subject area.
No disruptive conduct will be permitted at any Gavilan College Board of Trustees meeting.
AGENDA ITEMS – Individuals wishing to have an item appear on the agenda must submit the request in writing to the Superintendent/President two weeks prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. The Board President and Superintendent/President will determine what items will be included in the agendas. Regular meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month.
Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and are acted on by the Board of Trustees as one motion. There is no discussion of these items prior to Board vote unless a member of the Board, staff, or public requests that specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Agenda. It is understood that the Administration recommends approval on all consent items. Each item on the Consent Agenda approved by the Board of Trustees shall be deemed to have been considered in full and adopted as recommended.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to access the Board meeting room or to otherwise participate at this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Angie Oropeza at 408-848-4711. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the Board meeting.
Please help keep Gavilan College a litter-free campus and preserve its park-like setting.