Associated Student Body
The Associated Student Body (ASB) counts on the support and dedication of its Officers including its Executive Cabinet and Senators. ASB membership is granted to all registered students of Gavilan College.
|VP Coordinated Services||Rene Hernandez|
|VP Records||Cherile Appleby|
|VP Events & Activities||Adrian Lopez|
|VP Finance||David Miranda|
|VP Clubs||Zitel Anyeneh|
|VP Communications||Joceline Gutierrez Guzman|
|VP Athletics||David Dolfin*|
|Region IV Rep||David Didenti|
|Senators (There is no limit on the number of Senators)||Diana Cabrera Salinas|
|ASB Advisor||Dr. Blanca Arteaga|
|ASB Activities Assistant||Grace Cardinalli|
*Pending confirmation by ASB Senate
ASB Executive Cabinet
The Executive Cabinet of the ASB is comprised of the following positions:
- Student Trustee
- Vice President of Coordinated Services
- Vice President of Records
- Vice President of Events and Activities
- Vice President of Finance
- Vice President of Clubs
- Vice President of Communications
- Vice President of Athletics
- Region IV Representative
- ASB Advisor
- Director of Student Activities.
To form part of the ASB Executive Cabinet you must:
- Complete a petition for election and obtain 150 signatures of currently registered Gavilan College students
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0, a minimum of 5 units per semester, and be in good standing during the time of position.
- Be a current ASB cardholder
The Student Senate is a body that meets weekly to plan, implement, and evaluate college activities and policies that directly impact students. Senators are voting members of the Senate. The opportunities available to a Senator are wide-ranging. Senators serve on campus committees as student representatives, coordinate events, and serve the student body directly by scheduling office hours.
Senatorship is a multifaceted learning experience for all students and of specific relevance to those studying political science, business, and communication. If you would like to obtain or are seeking to enhance your leadership, communication and/or organizational skills, Senatorship is for you!
To become an ASB Senator you need to:
- Obtain 50 signatures of registered Gavilan College students
- Complete and present a signed and approved copy of the ASB Senator Application to the senate for formal recognition
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0, a minimum of 5 units per semester, and be in good standing during the time of position
- Be a current ASB card holder
For a detailed description of officer responsibilities, please refer to the ASB Bylaws. Elections are held during the last weeks of April. Officer vacancies are filled by appointment by the ASB president. If you are interested in a position, please visit the ASB office located in the Student Center or contact the ASB President, the ASB Advisor, or the ASB Office at 848-4777.