Associated Student Body
There are many benefits to purchasing an ASB Card each semester. The ASB Card can be used as a primarily identification card both on and off campus. By purchasing the ASB Card, students can get special discounts and privileges including, but not limited to, discounts at local businesses and access to cardholder-only services at Gavilan College.
Revenue collected from the ASB Card is used to maintain and strengthen existing programs and to establish new ones that will enhance students’ academic and social experience at Gavilan College through the ASB. Events such as Multi-Cultural Week, guest speakers, leadership conferences and many more campus activities that are open to all students who attend Gavilan College, are made possible from the purchase of the ASB Card. Below are just samples of the benefits of having an ASB card.
- Textbook scholarships up to $200.00 per semester
- ASB card fees help support campus activities and club events.
- Free scantrons and/or green books Students must pickup these up in the ASB Office during scheduled office hours.
- Free admission to all Gavilan College Athletic Events
- Discounts at stores and restaurants through the Student Savings Club
- Discounts in other colleges and universities that have signed up for GeoPerks
- Computer hardware and software discounts through College Buys
- Movie theater discounts
- Senior and Gavilan Faculty (S & F) Price on eligible Cosmetolgoy Services offered through the Gavilan College Cosmetology Department
- Buy one regular priced Gavilan College Theater ticket and get second ticket for half price
ASB cards can be purchased when registering on your myGav account or in person at the Gilroy, Hollister, or Morgan Hill locations. Students may also choose to "opt-out" of the ASB card fee each term during the registration period. The cost of the ASB card is $6.00 and includes $1.00 of free printing. The ASB Card can also be activated as your Gavilan College library card. Thank you for supporting the Associated Student Body!