Before your first Semester:
New Students must file an application
with the Admissions and Records Office or the satellite sites at
least 10 business days prior to registering.
If you are a new student and plan to take the Placement Assessment Test, please submit your application first. Once you obtain a Gavilan ID number, you can then go on the Assessment webpage and fill out the registration form for the assessment test.
Request transcripts from high school and/or previous colleges.
- you are taking over 17 units (or over 5 in the summer)
- your class has a prerequisite that was not completed at Gavilan
- you are on academic probation or in a "disqualified" status
- you are a high school student
- you are an international student
Registration (each semester)
Take your completed registration card and transcripts to Admissions
& Records on the main campus or to the Hollister or Morgan
Hill sites OR
Register online using myGav Portal.