Ways to Verify a Prerequisite
Download the Prerequisite Verification Form to your computer. Complete the form with your information and submit it WITH PROOF OF:
Coursework taken at another U.S. College/Institution
You will need to submit the following with your completed form:
- Submit before your class starts. No guarantee. Based on available space.
- A transcript (official or unofficial) showing a grade of “C” or better*
- Some prerequisites have more than one component, such as CSIS 26 (Math plus C++)
- Course descriptions for the year in which completed the course.
AP test score of 3 or higher
- You will need to submit both your completed prerequisite verification form and an AP Test Score from the College Board*
- You will need to submit both your completed prerequisite verification form and an assessment/placement report from another institution ( within 2 year period)*
If you cannot use any of the above but feel you have satisfied the prerequisite for a course, submit a Prerequisite Challenge Form to the Admissions & Records window.
*All supporting documents (i.e.: transcripts) MUST include student’s full name and name of institution.
- Gather supporting documents.
- Download and complete Prerequisite Verification Form.
- Submit form to Admissions & Records by emailing form to email@example.com OR submit in-person at the Admissions & Records window.
After submitting a completed form with all supporting documents, you will be notified via email to your my.gavilan.edu address within 3 working days. Contact Gavilan College Evaluator at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Successful completion of the prerequisite verification form process will not grant credit for any courses taken at another institution. For a formal transcript evaluation, schedule an appointment with a counselor.
NEED TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESS?
During registration cycles ONLY (December & January or May - August), bring your COMPLETED prerequisite verification form and supporting documents directly to the walk-in counselor. Wait times vary.