Educational Master Plan
Gavilan College's Educational Master Plan is dynamic in nature and is intended to be reviewed periodically as new educational trends emerge and the needs of students and the district evolve. The Educational Master Plan is part of an integrated planning model.
The Gavilan College Educational Master Plan is the foundation upon which to address and meet the instructional and support service needs of Gavilan College. It provides the basis for Gavilan College's capital, facilities, technology, personnel and budget plans.
Since 1995, Gavilan College has engaged in a collaborative process of strategic planning to envision and prepare for the future. All segments of the campus (and to a lesser extent, members of the community) have contributed to the creation of this Educational Master Plan, a living document to guide planning and decision-making on campus.
The Educational Master Plan is dynamic in nature. It is reviewed and updated annually through a participatory process (along with the Strategic Plan) to incorporate emerging educational trends and the evolving needs of students and the district.
- To create a vision for future educational program offerings.
- To support current instructional programs and student services and identify those programs and services which need modification
- To keep pace with and anticipate the changing needs of the students and communities served by the college.
- To encourage consideration of alternative strategies for delivering instruction.
- To provide guidance for creating a balanced curriculum.
- To provide the foundation for a facilities plan that supports the anticipated courses, programs and services of the college for the next decade, and to assure that the plan is flexible enough to accommodate changes in instructional methodology, technology, and delivery systems.
- To serve as a decision-making tool and reference for the future.
- To support the strengthening of Gavilan College's educational program and student support services.