Board of Trustees Goals, 2018
- In accordance with the Strategic Plan use integrative planning that manages college enrollment and exercises sound fiscal stewardship for the district.
- Proactively plan the development of a college facility in San Benito County at Fairview Corners with specific focus on existing planning efforts and future funding opportunities.
- Actively support accreditation activities throughout the district with a focus on current preparation for the 2019 comprehensive team visit and development of the Institutional Self-Evaluation Report (ISER) and Quality Focus Essay (QFE).
- Continue the research and decision process regarding placing a general obligation bond on the ballot in November 2018 with potential funding able to support facilities, classrooms, labs, equipment, and infrastructure throughout the district. If a decision is made to move forward with a bond measure, work toward its successful passage.
- Gain more active understanding from staff and students throughout the year on instructional matters such as guided pathways, basic skills achievement, multiple measures and other instructional initiatives that impact student success.
- Review the Board self-evaluation process and the evaluation process of the Superintendent/President and revise if necessary.
- Support the development of the Gavilan College Educational Foundation and plan for Gavilan’s Centennial Celebration. Increase community awareness and strategic partnerships through targeted marketing efforts highlighting the district’s programs, growth, and connection to community agencies and industry.