Summer Program in Sevilla, Spain
Seville, June 3 - 28, 2019
Join the Gavilan Spanish language program at the Giralda Center in Seville, Spain. Earn up to 5 units.
Orientation meeting - Saturday, Mar 9 2018, in HU 105 at 10am - 12pm
Classes are offered at different levels, from beginner to advanced. Classroom instruction plus local immersion in the Spanish language. Visit cultural centers. Live with a host family and enjoy hospitality, family meals, language practice, and exposure to the life and culture of Spain. Take excursions to Córdoba and Granada.
Seville, the capital of Flamenco music and dance, enjoys an intense cultural life, with the celebration of numerous festivals and cultural events throughout the year...
Giralda Center Spanish House
Avenida Menéndez Pelayo, Nº 16
41003, Sevilla, Spain
Mateos Gago, Nº17
41004, Sevilla, Spain
(click for map)
Mon-Fri 9 am - 8 pm
954 221 346
from the US, dial 011 34, then the number;
remember the 9 hour time difference!!!
(12:00 noon California == 9:00 pm Seville)
954 212 659
from the US, dial 011 34, then the number
¿Questions? -- we've got answers!
Saturday, Mar 9 2018, in HU 105 at 10am - 12pm
- Cost: $1500.00 (approx., dependent on Euro exchange rate), plus airfare, plus College fees
see Program Details below
- Where do I sign up? Reserve a spot with a deposit, submit your application -
see Program Details below
- Can anyone go? Yes, the program is open to all.
- I've been out of school for 30 years...
No problem, this is a very supportive environment, with small informal classes and individual attention.
- What if I'm not a student at Gavilan?
No problem, it is very easy to register for Gavilan classes, just a few simple forms.
- Do I have to take the Gavilan College Placement Test?
Generally no, just register (the test is required for current High School Students - read about the details here).
- Do I need high school or college transcripts?
Generally no, unless you are currently attending High School - read about the details here.
- Can I take my young son/daughter along?
Yes, minors can participate in the program as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
Contact Albert Marqués for other arrangements, such as daycare, family lodging, etc.
Contact: Albert Marqués, 408 848-4794, email: email@example.com or
David Perez, 408 848-4842, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates: June 3 - June 28, 2019
- Fees: $1,500, plus College fees, plus Flight
(price approx., dependent on Euro exchange rate)
- Sign up: Reserve a spot with a $200.00 non-refundable deposit
Payment in full due May 2019;
Fill out the application forms and waivers here
- Included: Accommodations with a Spanish host family
Two meals per day
Language classes at the Giralda Center Spanish House
- Not Included: Roundtrip air and ground transportation from the US to Seville
US airport/customs fees and departure taxes
Gavilan College tuition and fees: $46 per Unit, plus $19 Gavilan College Fee
- Flights: Students book their own flights
- Living Arrangements: Students live with local families in their homes
Accommodations are double occupancy
Two daily meals are included
Host family name, address, phone, map TBD
- Classes: 5 hours daily (2 hours grammar, 2 hours conversation, 1 hour culture)
The culture sessions may be combined with Flamenco lessons
- Free School Activities: Welcome party, Farewell Party
Theater workshop, Spanish movies
Discussion sessions about current events
Information sessions preceding all activities and excursions
- Optional Weekend Excursions: Affordable weekend excursions to famous and historical cities outside of Seville will be posted at the school. Students may sign up and join others from around the world on these exiting trips