- Country specific information: click one of the flags on the left to find links to lots of pages for a country (pass the mouse over the flags to see the country names).
Or go directly to:
- LANIC - Latin American Network Information Center: University of Texas page with links to complete detail about all Latin American countries.
- Biblioteca Virtual Cervantes: the biggest collection of Spanish literature online - over 8000 books, audio files, videos, biographies.
- Centro Virtual Cervantes: this library has fully annotated versions of all of Cervantes' titles, as well as a collection of graded readings for students of Spanish.
- CervantesTV: the online TV station of the Instituto Cervantes - 24/7 interviews, specials, music, theater - a high quality presentation of Spanish & Latin American culture, geared towards students of Spanish.
- Spanish Poetry: 3000 poems from hundreds of authors, from the Middle Ages to the Twentieth Century. Search by author, title, first line, and more.
- La Santa Biblia: online Spanish version of the Bible - essential for understanding Latin American culture.
- BBC Spanish News: BBC Mundo is a news site in easy-to-understand Spanish - an excellent way to practice reading Spanish. It also includes video and audio news clips in Spanish.
- Enciclonet: Spanish online Encyclopedia. Check out their great "animaciones".
Log in with nick=Gavilan1, clave=student to search this large reference data base, or register in your own name, access is free, but most content is restricted to paid subscription only ...
- La Real Academia Española: The predominant authority on all aspects of classical Spanish, with focus on Spain. Online dictionaries, verb conjugation, and more.
- Diccionario del Español Usual en México: A dictionary of the Spanish Language with focus on common usage in Mexico. Access the full text at Biblioteca Virtual Cervantes, or look for specific terms here
- Study Spanish: A free site with grammar and pronunciation tutorials, vocabulary and verb drills, games, and much more. Great page on How to type Spanish accents. Highly recommended - check it out!
- LanguageLearningLibrary.org: A free comprehensive guide to learning foreign languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- The Language Realm: A good source for slang , colloquialisms, proverbs, idioms, plus a list of Medical Spanish terms.
- Spanish Internet keyboard at spanish.typeit.org: lets you enter Spanish characters without Alt codes or special keyboard layouts. Works on any Internet connected computer in the world, so that you can type Spanish characters in any computer lab, Internet cafe, etc.
- Spanish Help: Online Games and Lessons: here you'll find vocabulary & grammar lessons, exercises, some listening practice, and a useful self-test to assess your proficiency level; much of it from college or university sources.
- Latin American & Caribbean Digital Primary Sources: This site provides links to open access digitized collections of primary sources that relate to Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Newspapers online: Huge listing of online newspapers - links to more than 5000 newspapers on the web, searchable by country and by publication.
- Virtual-Spain: Weblinks in Spanish and English to art, history, literature, music, radio, television, travel, etc... Some commercial ads, but worth a visit.