POLS4: INTRO/INTL RELATION
This course provides an introduction to key contemporary international problems and the means to analyze them. Major parts of the course cover such topics as war and peace, foreign policymaking, the international economy, and future trends in world politics.
- Identify and critically evaluate the origins of the modern world system
- Identify, define, and evaluate important international relations terms and concepts such as power, the North-South economic gap, ethnic conflict and so on
- Identify and critically evaluate the key theories in the field: feminist theories, classical realism, idealism, Marxism, and power transition theory among others
- Identify and evaluate the relevancy of key current problems (AIDS, over-population, war, global warming, female genital mutilation and so on), and likely trends in world politics
- Identify, investigate and complete research on an international topic of relevancy and concern
- Identify and assess the degree of complexity and diversity existing in today's global system