MKTG100: PRIN OF MARKETING
An introduction to the economic and social problems involved with moving goods and services from the producer to the consumer. This course covers topics such as marketing institutions, channels of distribution, pricing, and government relationships. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Prepare a marketing plan for a product or service.
- Describe the process of promoting products, brands, labels, packaging, and the marketing mix.
- Examine the ever-changing marketing climate and explore new developments.
- Discuss and analyze the process of promoting products; including advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, and publicity.
- Define marketing and the core concepts of needs, wants, demands, products, exchange, transactions, and markets.