MGMT102: RETAIL MANAGEMENT
Principles and practices used in management of retail businesses such as foods, motels, service stations, and direct channels. Includes site selection, layout, organization, staffing, positioning, customer service, promotional techniques, and all aspects of the critical buying function. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Compare retail stores by type of organization.
- Compare retail stores by type of merchandizing category.
- Identify customer buying motives according to Maslow's hierarchy.
- List mental, physical, and emotional qualifications necessary to be employed as a person in a retail store.
- Evaluate store location according to accessibility, environment, and cost in relation to sales.