MGMT101: INTRO TO MANAGEMENT
This is a basic course in management introducing a variety of modern management concepts. This course includes the basic management functions of planning, organization, staffing, leadership, and control. In addition, such concepts as team development, communication, business ethics, and global management perspectives will be discussed. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- The students will identify and describe the functions of management including planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
- The students will describe the components of each of the functions of management.
- The students will explain the complexities of management principles and theories.
- The students will identify the responsibilities of management.
- The students will identify the contemporary management trends and issues.