MCTV19: TV/FILM ACTING
Theory and practice of acting, performance and development of voice, articulation and pronunciation for TV, film, and media. Learning experiences include project in broadcasting, reporting, commercials, public service announcements (PSA), comedy and drama. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. This course is also listed as THEA 19.
- Student will explain and demonstrate character analysis, voice/diction, development and performance of specific role for presentation in front of a camera.
- Student will evaluate and appraise a variety of acting/voice performances.
- Student will design and prepare a process for creating and presenting a believable character from a script in front of a camera.
- Student will demonstrate and use acting/voice terminology and techniques for performance in television studio environment.
- Student will compare and contrast acting and voice techniques for the screen and other media.