MATH7: FINITE MATHEMATICS
Systems of linear equations and matrices, introduction to linear programming, finance, counting techniques and probability, properties of probability and applications of probability. PREREQUISITE: Mathematics 233 with a grade of 'C' or better.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using rectangular coordinates, graphing linear equations in two variables, applying linear equations to determine break-even point, and market price for supply/demand equations and other applications found in business and social science.
- Solve systems of equations using substitution, elimination, and matrix methods. Solve application problems.
- Demonstrate skills in basic matrix algebra to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and inverses, both by hand and with a calculator.
- Apply a geometric approach (graphing) to solve linear programming problems limited to two variables. Solve application problems.
- Apply the Simplex Method (matrix method) to solve linear programming problems in both standard form and with mixed constraints. Solve application problems.
- Demonstrate skill in solving finance problems to include simple interest, compound interest, ordinary annuities, sinking funds, and amortization. Solve application problems.
- Use properties of sets, the Multiplication Principle, combinations, permutations, and other counting techniques to determine probability. Solve application problems.