MATH414: MATH BOOT CAMP 1
A remedial mathematics course designed for those students who need to learn, re-learn, or re-fresh the fundamental concepts of math. The primary emphasis is on whole numbers, fractions, decimals, signed numbers, linear equations, and algebraic structures. This course is a pass/no pass course. Units earned in this course do not count toward the associate degree and/or certain certificate requirements.
- Perform basic operations with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and signed numbers without the use of a calculator.
- Develop and utilize math specific study skills and test taking strategies
- Solve basic percentage problems using a variety of strategies
- Formulate and solve word problems including use of formulas, ratios, and proportions
- Apply addition and multiplication properties in solving linear equations
- Simplify algebraic expressions and solve equations involving integers, fractions and decimals without the aid of a calculator
- Identify and discriminate algebraic structures
- Use the algebraic language to name the algebraic structures